Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Memory problem, isc_attach_database failed
Author Petri Parviainen
This has to be think.

-br-

Petri

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alan McDonald
Sent: 1. syyskuuta 2009 19:26
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] Re: Memory problem, isc_attach_database
failed

> Back to the basics. How can we avoid this kind of situation.
>
> Places are 24/7 and we don't know when those places have breaks to make
> backup/restore.
>
> So how can we reset transaction counters without use backup/restore.
> -br-
>
> Petri

then you need another server. The DBs need to replicate. Then you need the
users to switch servers, stop the replication and do a B/R cycle on the idle
server. Then start the replikcation and switch back.
The target of replication will never have the same high number of
transactions since the replication process will consolidate transactions
markedly. You stop the replication also for B/R cycles on the target.
Alan