Subject Re: [firebird-support] Transaction problem solved, conf. question
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:02 PM 30/03/2009, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>firebird 2.1 shows me the problem, one application has make open
>transactions in firebird.
>
>Now, we have solved the problem, on one point the lfree() function to commit
>the transaction was missing.
>
>I have another question.
>
>After I had installed firebird and done the metadata update, the database
>was running fine.
>
>Afterwards I have change the default db cache sites to 128 (Classic Server
>is running)
>
>Do I need a Restart of Windows Server 2003 to apply the change?

No. These are page caches for Firebird, that are only Firebird's concern. Each Classic client's caches simply disappears when the client detaches.

For Classic (as long as you are using firebird.conf to configure the cache size and keeping it 0 in the database header) each client will get the new cache size next time it makes a new connection to any database. (That's the simple answer, at least).

./heLen