Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 2.1.2 crashed too. How to set-up debug version to localize the problem
Author Andrew
Lester,

Thank you for you reply.

Lester Caine wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>
>> I've replaced 2.1.1 which has been crashing every few days to 2.1.2 RC2.
>> It crashes too, so I'm going to start the debug build. Please help me
>> with setting it up to localize the problem.
>>

> Andrew - I note from your previous post that you are running superserver
> on a dual core Linux machine. MAY be worth dropping over to classic and
> see if that is any different.

I always run super on my servers - since version 1.0. I have no
experience with classic. By the way, I believe that in my case, when
FireBird acts as a backend for my web-applications and number of
connections can reach several hundreds, super is the right way.
Anyway, I would prefer if FireBird is free from such bugs rather than
building some mystic work-arounds to avoid the problems.
So, that's why I'm trying to localize the bug and help the developers to
fix it.
I have no Idea why the FireBird developers do not use exception handlers
to avoid server crashes (at least).

Andrew.