Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Command line switches
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:18 AM 13/03/2009, you wrote:
>Hello dear Helen:
>
>> Oh, correct! sorry, a senior moment.
>Is ok, don't worry.
>
>Excellent news for me !!! I believe that i am approaching which i need.
>
>You know, in my file "installation_scripted.txt", does not include those commands, i swear to you. I am download and using the version 2.0.0.12748-0-Win32 of Firebird (This version will include these commands?).

I don't know. v.2.0.0 is very old. The engine for the 2.0.x series doesn't change but it's not unusual for external utilities to be improved across sub-releases. Why on earth are you putting all this effort into such an old version?

>But ... is not working yet. I modified the command line like that (adding the command /TASK to the end):
>
>Run Firebird-2.0.0.12748-0-Win32.exe /SP- /SILENT /NOCPL /COPYFBCLIENT /NOCANCEL /DIR="C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_0" /TASK="UseGuardianTask,UseApplicationTask,!UseServiceTask, AutoStartTask,!InstallCPLAppletTask,CopyFbClientToSysTask, CopyFbClientAsGds32Task"
>
>I test and the Firebird continues installed like service.

The name of the parameter is \TASKS, not \TASK. In any case, you have the wrong usage for the /TASKS...if you want to use the task-list that way, use the /MERGETASKS parameter instead.

>Your notes some incorrect in my command line? I am going to continue with the tests.

Yes.

./hb