Subject Re: Backing up fdb excluding some tables
Author abhishek_dsc
Hi all,

After some experiments i have a reasonable understanding of external tables now.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
Whatever data is in the table goes to the external file, and vice-versa. So at the time of backup, the table that is linked to the external file will be deleted, and then backup will be performed.

Whereas at the time of restore, the table will be created with the data in the external file.

is it correct.?

thanking you

Abhishek Sharma