Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Raid 0 or not ?
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
svanderclock wrote:
> I know but we are only looking for performance !
>
> For a Database of 20 GB, regarding the speed, is it better to use RAID 0 or not ? I read that read 0 is twice more faster BUT is it true when we speak about only one file (the .GDB) ?
>
> Thanks you by advance
> stephane

Well...

If you don't care about security, you can use a RAM DISK, or even read
/dev/rand :)

The size of the database means almost nothing... you could have just 5
records that holds an ISO image of your favorite DVD's, and you will
have a database greater than 20GB.

I don't understand the point of "I don't care to lose my data, I just
want it to be fast", if it's this way, of course a RAID 0 will be faster
than no RAID.

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith