Subject Re: [firebird-support] Data Lost...
Author Geoff Worboys
Lester Caine wrote:
> Branden has already replied that this WAS the problem in his
> case! And that it looks like the same 'write caching' is
> present in these battery powered machines as was present back
> then?

Branden was able to confirm the cache setting... but without
subsequent testing it is pure guesswork as to whether it was
actually the cause of the problem.

Write caching is enabled by default on many (most?) harddrives
and shutdown due to low battery on a laptop should be different
(and safer) to pulling the plug on a desktop computer (a
faulty/old battery may be indicated).

As covered in other discussion, I think that doubt about the
cache setting as cause is justified, I would not accept that
as the solution without further testing/investigation.

--
Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing