Subject RE: [firebird-support] Transaction Problem
Author Cao
Hi
I have always implemented a policy of keeping the transactions as short as
possible:-
User Screen Informaton
----------------------------------
Start transaction tiCommitted
Read Data
Update screen memos / captions etc
Commit

Create Invoice
--------------------
Start Transaction tiCommitted
Insert record (for more complex updates call stored procedure)
Commit

Regards Cao

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of sierraja2000
Sent: 02 November 2009 05:50
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Transaction Problem

I have a program on delphi 7 and firebird 1.5 (ubuntu), the program
manager invoce of services to water consumption. Wanted to know the best
practice for work with the transaction so that not appear the messages of
dead lock. I need user several could to invoice at the same time with no
problem. Wanted to know witch the best settings the component: IBTransaction
and yours related. Thank....