Subject Re: Crash corrupted database file
Author Felix
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "felipecolinas09" <felipecolinas09@...> wrote:

> I found a case exactly like yours, but using embedded 2.5 beta 2. It opens with superserver very well, but it crashes with embedded.
>
> We couldn't find the source of the problem, but we found a way for fixing the database to make it working with embedded.
>
> Please try to GFIX the with -sweep and let me know if it works for you.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. At least I know I'm not alone! As I said this is the first time I've seen this after a long history. Luckily it happened during testing and not on a live system. I'm interested to try to fix the file but this is not the key point. The key point is that Firebird is ACID compliant so a bluescreen should not be able to upset the database file. There must be a small weakness in the Firebird code somewhere I wonder if there is a bug logged against this?

Regards,
Felix