Subject Re: [firebird-support] Repeated database corruption
Author Gustavo
The server has an Intel Core2 Quad CPU and there are 14 users who access the same 2 or 3 databases simultaneously.

I never used Classic Server. I read some articles about the differences between Classic Server and Super Server and, before trying Classic Server, I have some doubts:

1. The only thing I have to do is to deinstall FB 2.1 SS and install FB 2.1 CS on the server and everything will work?

2. Do I have to do something in client PCs?

3. There is a user who everyday makes a backup from his client PC using gbak and saving the backup file (.FBK) in his local disk. This will continue working?

Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: Dimitry Sibiryakov
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Repeated database corruption

> I always use Super Server and I really don´t know what are the consequences of changing to Classic Server.

Well, If you have multicore or multiprocessor server you'll get
better performance. I don't think that you'll run out of memory with
your ~30 connections unless you had configured too high data page cache
at database level.

> Do you think that switching to Classic Server may solve the problem?

Yes, I suspect that. But you'll never know if you don't try.

SY, SD.

__________ Informaci�n de NOD32, revisi�n 4533 (20091022) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com