Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Can't connect even with SYSDBA
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:58 PM 30/01/2009, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
>I executed gstat and the Attribute line gives me this:
>
>Attributes single-user maintenance

That means it is in a shut-down state but one user may attach to it.

>I think it is a flag that got "stuck".

I don't think so. The database state is written (by a bit flag, to be sure) in the database header.

>Using flame rocbin I can access the database file,

as expected, in this mode. One attachment is OK, more than one is not.

>but I can't do backup to restore it and recover the data.

If you are attached to the database via flamerobin then, in single-user mode, you can't make a second attachment using gbak. Log out first.

>Only flame robin can access no other software does.

What other software did you try? And did you try with other software when nothing else was attached?

>Is there a way to set the attribute manually?

I gave you the correct syntax for putting the database online (a correction for your wrong syntax that did not work).

***With *no* connections to the database, did you try it using the correct syntax?

/opt/firebird/bin/gfix -online -user SYSDBA -password ** localhost:litoral

Do you get any exception when you try that?

You might like to try instead:

/opt/firebird/bin/gfix -online -user SYSDBA -password ** localhost:/litoral/database/ERP_VCONTROL_LIEX.FDB

(although I don't know any reason why gfix would choke on the alias).

./heLen