Subject Re: [firebird-support] About a localize of firebird.msg
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:10 PM 22/01/2009, you wrote:
>All resources, such as an error message of Firebird, are contained in
>file of "firebird.msg". I would like to localize this resource file for
>Japan.
>
>A Japanese language containing 2-byte characters. If a file can be
>edited, please teach me the way.

If you don't get an answer here, I suggest you ask about this on firebird-devel. It has always been possible to localize firebird.msg via its database. There are various "pieces" (scripts, pieces of code) in the /msgs branch of Firebird's source tree that I looked at in 2003-4 (pre-dating the new INTL stuff), where I saw localizations for some languages.

I don't know whether anyone ever did a set for Japanese, or how character-set friendly it might be; but someone in firebird-devel should know something about it.

./heLen