Subject Re: Some upgrade tips
Author Sasa Mihajlovic
Hi,

Here is little closer explain of my problem! I have delphi app which
is connected to database with UIB components. I have database
sample.fdb created on Firebird 2.0.4 and data is filled and I have
table customers and for example one edit component for searching in
the customers form! And all works fine. Than I was upgrade my database
to 2.1.1 and notnihg else and when I need to locate some data in same
edit in same form searched record will not be found.

Delphi command is: qCustomers.Locate('NAME', Edit1.Text,
[loCaseInsensitive, loPartialKey])

Thanks for help!!!

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Svein Erling Tysvær
<svein.erling.tysvaer@...> wrote:

> Hi Sasa,
> please tell us what connection components you are using (including
their version). 'Locate' (I assume that is what you mean by 'Locade')
is not a native Firebird command (as far as I know), that's why I
think it has something to do with the components you are using. Others
will probably be able to tell you whether a particular version of
whatever components you are using works with Firebird 2.1, but without
knowing exactly what you are using, all we can do is to guess (well,
unless it is due to a general problem with Firebird, something that I
consider less likely).

> Possibly a little bit of code to demonstrate the problem could also
be useful, and a description of what you've tried to fix it. E.g. does
the problem appear on both indexed and not indexed columns?