Subject Re: database and structure problem
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Olaf Kluge" <olaf.kluge@...>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have a database server, firebird 2.1 superserver.
>

> A procedure of the database does create job-positions in a separate
table,
> based on the predetermined positions 1 through n. As long as the
database is
> a small size, the procedure worked fine. Now that the database has
become a
> bigger size, the procedure sometimes forgets the last position.

What do you mean by the "last position"? Is your database missing
data? Your question is not clear. Also, is a procedure a Firebird
Stored Procedure or just a reference to your application code procedures.

After the
> database is compressed and restored, it works fine again.
>

> The database structure was not created by me, but it is now my task

Your database structure and queries are not known to us. Show details
of the table(s) relevant to your question, the procedure code and an
example of what is wrong.

Adam