Subject Re: [firebird-support] Any news regarding SuperClassic and
Author Helen Borrie

At 02:16 PM 4/01/2009, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

>The event table has nothing to do with ports, they're layered
>separately. I seem to get your line of thinking, but I'm afraid this
>doesn't fit the architecture.

Dmitry, Process X, a Classic instance, signals it is listening for an event. The server side of the process creates the event table and starts broadcasting on port 12345...

Then, Process Y signals it is listening for the same event. Now, its event callback will be delivered from the same aux port?

So what I'm asking is - does each Classic process check for the existence of the events table? i.e. the existence of the events table is independent of any particular Classic process? How does Process Y know which port to broadcast from?

Thks
./heLen