Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firbird Vulnerability To Exploits - Port 3050
Author Steve Wiser
Is this a webapp (I assume so since you mention a webmaster)? If so why
don't you restrict the firebird port so only your web application can
talk to the database server instead of having 3050 sitting wide open on
the internet?

It won't solve all of the problems, but it eliminates a few.

We have our database servers firewalled away from our web application
servers (which are firewalled away from the internet).

-steve