Subject Re: [firebird-support] firebird and webservers
Author Erik Hout
Hi Jilani,
pascal, hummzzz... sounds like ages ago when I programmed in that language ;-)
need to polish up a bit of pascal knowledge then...
as I already said.. I am more than a novice atm..  A first step-to-step to get me started would be very useful..
Technical info is nice, but it is the result that counts, seeing that something works with pretty simple examples is more valuable to me than reading loads of information of how to configure and set settings, before even having seen what it does.... ;-)
Anyway, a nice begining tutorial would be nice,
thanks in advance...
Maybe we can program on the fly.. using yahoo chat or something...
Many thanks,
Erik

----- Original Message ----
From: Jilani Khaldi <jilani@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:43:08 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] firebird and webservers

erikhout wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions. I am a complete newbee using databases
> behind my webpages.
>
> I am using Sambar webserver under windows XP.
> I want to run Firebird within my php or other scripting language
> (please recommend).
>
> how do which code could I use to works best, calling the Firebird
> Database, and using FORM-commands in my webpages?
>
> sounds pretty stupid, but I am eager to learn. I have my Firebird-
> server and my Sambar-webserver running but that is all for the
> moment...
>
> Any suggestions? maybe someone can me guide through, step-by-step.
If you, or others, are interested, I will put on my site a little
tutorial on how to use Firebird with Free Pascal
(http://www.freepasc al.org) to write powerful and without limits web
applications. You also can use the same code under a Windows or a Linux
server.

ps.
If you know italian I already have written a complete and free tutorial.

--
Jilani KHALDI