Subject Re: GBAK Backup Size
Author Jason Chapman
<Andrew.Stuart@...> wrote:

> Hi
> I've noticed one has a GDB file size of 1.5gig, and GBK produced is ~
> 1.5GB
This implies no indices and 100% page fill to have same size DB and GBK.

> Another has a CABS FDB of 1.5Gig and produces a FBU of around 3.5GB
OK, now that isn't right. Only thing I can think of is that the
database actually has secondary files, does it?

As a GBK is just meta data and then the data streamed, and a FDB has
additional space requirements for indices and the fact that records
don't 100% fill the page space, DB's are bigger than backups.

JAC.