Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Replication/Cluster with Fail over
Author Milan Babuskov
call.assist wrote:
> we're a 24/7 call centre which needs a replicated fail over DB just
> incase etc (also one at a DR site connected via a rather slow adsl
> connection, but thats another matter possibly..)
>
> So I'm lookin for any help/idea's from you well clued up types :)

You should use some replication software, preferably one that supports
the events - event based replicators act as soon as the change happens,
so you get the stuff copied almost instantly (unless one of the systems
is under great load). Here's a list of known replicatiors:

http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq249/

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org