Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird.log Error Messages
Author Slalom
Can someone help me with what the connection string looks like to use XNET.  I thought that is what I was using.  Is there anything else I must do to use XNET besides changing the structure of my connection string?

----- Original Message ----
From: Vlad Khorsun <hvlad@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:35:45 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird.log Error Messages

> Thanks. That's a relief to know there is not a problem. However, the
> log file is growing pretty quickly. It is almost 100 megabytes currently.
> This application is a web application serving thousands of users.
> Is there any way to prevent this from being logged?

This is very old bug in WNET (NetBEUI) protocol implementation. I discovered it
during refactoring of network server code in HEAD (2.5) 2-3 months ago. It seems
all you can do with it is to use XNET (local) protocol instead if WNET (as your
application runs on the same host as Firebird).

Regards,
Vlad