Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Connection actively refused
Author Boguslaw Brandys
Well,maybe they haven't changed any settings, but what about automatic system update ?

Regards
Boguslaw

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert martin
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Re: Connection actively refused

Adam wrote:
>> I have go him trying to add 3050 to the services file on the FB
>>
> server. Any other suggestions?
>
> Presuming you have correctly installed Firebird to its default port,
> this is a PC configuration issue. You might want to *prove* this by
> shutting down the Firebird service and temporarily installing
> something else to listen that port (eg Apache).
>
> Supporting the oddities of configuring various security suites is
> neither my expertise nor interest.
>
> Firebird requires the client to connect to the server on the nominated
> port (by default 3050). The fact that neither telnet nor a client
> application is not getting through indicates that the service is not
> running, not listening to that particular NIC, or something is
> intercepting and blocking the connection from ever reaching the
> Firebird service.
>

> Adam

Thanks Adam. I also don't really want to have anything to do with this,
they just think its our fault. However the client is not telling me the
full story as they say they have not been able to use the machine since
(and including) last Friday, an haven't changed any settings. However
we can see DB entries entered from that machine on Friday so we know it
worked then at least.

Anyhow all that is an asside.

Appreciate your help with this.

Rob