Subject Re: Error Message: I/O Error for file " \ \fb_sort_xxxxxx".
Author omurolmez
Helen, you are wonderfull. Thank you so much !

Regards
Ömür Ölmez

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> At 09:04 PM 23/06/2008, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >fb_server.exe v2.0.4.13130
> >Windows XP Home TR 5.1.b2600.xpsp080413-2111 : Service Pack 3
> >

> >I get the error message on long time queries :
> >Error Message: I/O Error for
file "<drive:>\<path>\fb_sort_xxxxxx".
> >Error while trying to open file
> >System can not find the specified file.
>
> Are you aware that Firebird needs to use temporary disk space for
sort files when there is insufficient RAM available to perform the
sort in memory?

> There are three ways you can arrive at the error condition
reported here:

> 1. You have not configured any TempDirectories locations in your
firebird.conf (or you have configured them to locations that don't
exist)

> and/or
>
> 2. You don't have a Windows temporary directory (usually
named 'temp' or 'tmp') visible in the environment path;

> 3. You have exhausted disk space in one or both locations (if
they are configured and they exist).