Subject Re: [firebird-support] trigger calling old version of stored procedure
Author Milan Babuskov
unordained wrote:
> I have a utility stored procedure (executable proc) that I call from lots of triggers; I've
> noticed that if I modify this stored procedure and commit, the triggers seem to continue to run
> the "old" version of the utility procedure, even in new transactions. This only stops if I do
> something to the trigger (alter, recreate, etc.), and then it's fine. I keep trying to put debug
> code in that procedure, and keep being confused by the code not "working" -- but it seems like it's
> really an issue of the code just not being called.

And if you happen to change number of parameters for the stored
procedure, you can get the database into a state where it cannot be
restored after a backup (IIRC, I reported a bug like that in 2.0 some
time ago).

One important thing you fail to mention is with architecture do you use,
Classic or SS ?

> This is on FB2.1rc1, for what it's worth, with an up-to-date ODS file. (Haven't gotten around to
> upgrading my dev box.)

Of course, you'll have to test with latest 2.1 release, nobody is going
to debug RC1, as it is quite possible that bug is already fixed.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org