Subject Re: [firebird-support] Charset for identifiers and check constraints?
Author Kjell Rilbe
Kjell Rilbe wrote:

> I have a db in FB 2.1 with default charset ISO8859_1.
> [snip] in FlameRobin 0.8.6 I can't commit after executing this:
>
> create table "Användare" (
> "Lösenord" varchar(35) not null,
> constraint "AnvändareLösenordLängd"
> check (char_length("Lösenord") >= 8)
> );
>
> It executes fine, but when I try to commit I get this error:
>
> ------------------------------------
> SQL Message : -104
> Invalid token
>
> Engine Code : 335544343
> Engine Message :
> invalid request BLR at offset 16
> column Lösenord is not defined in table Användare
> ------------------------------------

I'm more or less guessing, but I suspect this is a but in FB. Can anyone
please take a look, perhaps using a different client than FlameRobin?

I suspect that FB fails to transliterate the check constraint "body"
before "compiling" it to BLR(?) upon commit. If that's what's happening,
is it a bug or by design? I by design, how should I create a check
constraint on a field with non-ascii characters?

Thanks,
Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe