Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 2.1 cannot connect to database, but shows different path in error?
Author Martijn Tonies
> Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > 4) When trying to connect, I can see (from the debugger) the connection
is
> > made to:
> > 'MARTIJN-WS/3071:F:\Data\FB_DEMO.FDB'
> >
> > which is correct.
> >
> > 5) Next, the following error message is shown:
> > ISC ERROR CODE:335544344
> >
> > ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> > I/O error for file "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FB_DEMO"
> > Error while trying to open file
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
> >
> External table?

I don't think this should cause an error on just connecting.

>Multifile database?

Not that I know off. Besides, secondary files are stored with complete
path in the database, so there's no reason to go look in
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

Could this be caused by a corruption of sorts?

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com