Subject Re: AW: [firebird-support] Problem Firebird Classic Server
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:07 PM 10/06/2008, you wrote:
>Since we have cnanged our superserver to classic-Server, the Datebase size
>of the gdb are growing. After 3 Month the database doesn't works fine and
>hangs up on simple operations. The database has many triggers and
>procedures. Much operations are working concurrently. Some time before, we
>have used the Superserver without this problem.

My guess is that, when you changed to Classic, you forgot to alter the size of the page cache in the database. It needs to be MUCH smaller for Classic, because the cache is not shared: every connection has its own private cache.

So check this and report back the number of cache buffers and the page size. For the default page size of 4 Kb, the setting should be in the range about 128 to 256 pages - nowhere near the default Superserver cache size of 2048 pages.

./heLen