Subject Re: [firebird-support] known token error but I don't know why!!!
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:25 AM 4/06/2008, jacobswell4u wrote:
>Hello, I'm a newbie of firebird and I just try to use it but got an
>error but I don't know why.
>
>the sql query is:
>SQL> create table test(
>CON> my_id varchar(255) character set none not null default '',
>CON> au_menu varchar(20) character set none not null default '',
>CON> au_auth char(1) check(value in ('r','w','d')) not null default '',
>CON> primary key (mb_id,au_menu)
>CON> );
>
>The error code is:
>Statement failed, SQLCODE = -104
>Dynamic SQL Error
>-SQL error code = -104
>-Token unknown - line 2, column 48
>-default
>
>In my thinking is there any rule for default value?

Yup - the DEFAULT clause has to come BEFORE the NOT NULL constraint.

Also your default on AU_AUTH is not valid, since your CHECK constraint requires the character to be either r, w or d.

There are some possible design issues here as well....so if this is going to be a serious database, rather than just something to play with, then ask.

./heLen