Subject Re: [firebird-support] Can't connect on some routes
Author Lester Caine
Steve Wiser wrote:
> duplicate IP addresses? You can ping so that would seem to indicate
> that it is not an ARP problem...
Just copied the hosts file to another machine, and that works fine.

> -steve
>
> Lester Caine wrote:
>> Michael Weissenbacher wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Are you using classic? Maybe it's just the default xinetd restrictions.
>> xinetd on XP?
>> But the problem seems to be narrowing down to the laptop. I'm about to
>> try a different laptop and see what happens.

It's definitely something wrong the laptop and one of the backup servers. Both
refuse to connect to databases on other machines and can't be connected to,
but they work fine locally, and are fine serving web pages. They WERE working
at one point, but it's been a while since I had PHP working as an interface,
so I don't know when the direct stuff went faulty. I've got things working by
borrowing Sheila's laptop, so I'm OK for tomorrow :)

I suppose now I need to wipe the machines and reinstall them :( Unless anybody
has an idea what I need to kick to fix things.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL