Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird server redirection problem
Author Milan Babuskov
taliyev wrote:
> All of our servers are accessible directly, meaning that if we do not
> use pipe type /cross server connection, everything works just fine.
> Error only happens when pipe is used AND direction is windows:linux.
> This is something about access priviledges, but I cannot grasp where
> it is... Why can I connect to linux:/database.fdb but cannot
> windows:linux:/database.fdb...

Well, here are some things to try:

1. Try installing Classic on Windows as well

2. Use tcpdump or a similar tool to monitor incoming connections. This
way you can detect whether there is a problem in Windows version of
Firebird doesn't try to establish a connection OR a Linux version does
not accept it.

One thing that crossed my mind, is possibility that Windows version
treats the Linux hostname as a drive letter, i.e.:

windows:c:/database.fdb

looks very similar to:

windows:linux:/database.fdb

I do not know what is the exact algorithm in the engine, but it looks
quite possible to me. In such case, try using and IP address (if you use
hostname) or bring up a samba server on the Linux so that Windows
detects it as a valid hostname. (I'm just guessing here)

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com