Subject Re: [firebird-support] Error trying to create embedded database: Unable to load DLL 'fbembed'...
Author Luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes
Hi

Try to put the dll on the windows system directory

Regards
Luiz
----- Original Message -----
From: WATYF
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:33 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Error trying to create embedded database: Unable
to load DLL 'fbembed'...

I'm trying to get started with Firebird 2.0. I used 1.5 in the past
but have long since lost the code I used for that. Based on what I
remember, and what samples I've found on the net, this should be
working. Here's my setup.

I downloaded the .NET provider (ver 2.1.0.0) and added it as a reference.

I downloaded the embedded server (Firebird-2.0.1.12855-1_embed_win32)
and copied it (fbembed.dll) to the same directory as my app (bin/Debug).

Then I created a small sample program that would create a database.
Here's the code:

Sub CreateDB()

Dim sb As New FbConnectionStringBuilder

sb.Database = "C:\MyFiles\FBTest\Test1.fdb"
sb.UserID = "admin"
sb.Password = "test"
sb.ServerType = 1

FbConnection.CreateDatabase(sb.ToString())

End Sub

On the last line of that code, I get this error:

Unable to load DLL 'fbembed': The specified module could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Anyone know why?

WATYF