Subject Re: backup times
Author rebel_rob_98
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> > I have two databases on a server in a co-lo facility that I backup
> > nightly to our office.
> >
> > Database A is approximately 600MB in size.
> > Database B is approximately 40MB in size.
> >
> > The times for the backups are:
> > Database A approximately 6 hours
> > Database B approximately 15 hours
> >
> > Both backup scripts use the -g switch for the gbak. I am running
> > Firebird 2.0.12855 (Classic) on both machines (Windows 2003 on both).
>
> Something is most definitely wrong with the server hardware!
>
> The numbers make no sense; Database A should backup in 15 minutes and B
> in 1 (at the absolute worst)!!!
>
> (I just backed up a 553MB database on my desktop in 2 min 41 sec).
>

> Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the response.

When I log onto the server remotely, I can do the backups in the time
frames that you mention, onto the remote machine.

However, I am trying to perform the backups over TCP/IP from
California to Texas and this is where the time lag occurs.

I hope this helps out.

Thank you for your time,

Robert