Subject Re: [firebird-support] inet_error 10054 and 10022
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:08 AM 31/08/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have tens of "INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054" every day on
>firebird.log
>
>Can someone tell me why I have this and what could I do to 'fix' it?

It is a "connection reset by peer" error. If the log indicates that
it is coming from the server side then it is probably just users
terminating their applications badly (application crashing, or users
switching off without closing down the app, or users pulling out the
network cable while connected.) If nobody is complaining, it
probably isn't something to lose sleep over.

If the report is coming from a client, it means an attempted request
failed because the client lost contact (or could not connect). If
so, are you seeing Guardian "restart" messages in the log as well?
(Server crashes.)

>It also happened to show ap a "INET/inet_error: read errno = 10022" some
>days ago, 3 o 4 times only -- (Invalid argument) -- does anyone have any
>ideas what it can be?

That could be an illegal port query coming from outside, that is
being intercepted by your firewall. It could be useful to check your
firewall logs to see whether some event was recorded that coincided
with the 10022 errors in the Firebird log.

./heLen