Subject Re: SortMemBlockSize/SortMemUpperLimit settings
Author rogerpullen
Hi - thanks for that - this has prompted a new question here - we
have the opportunity to purchase a new server and if we were to run
in classic mode would there be any advantage in going for a dual
processor option?

Regards

Roger

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...>
wrote:

> Roger,
>
> > FB 1.5 on a W2003 server with 2GIG RAM - we are having performance
> > issues and am wondering if there is their any benefit of
increasing
> the
> > SortMemBlockSize or SortMemUpperLimit parameters in
firebird.conf. I
> > have read the "book" but want to understand the implications a bit
> > better . We normally have about 70 user logged on and believe it
is
> > excessive reporting that is the culprit
>
> The real source of your performance problem is the fact that
Superserver