Subject Re: [firebird-support] TIME FORMAT
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:45 AM 7/08/2007, you wrote:
>I'd like to know if there is any kind of configuration parameter for
>TIME variables display in the firebird database. I know that the
>values are stored as a double... But there is anything in firebird
>that gives a hint to the client applications about what display format
>to use?

No. Firebird has nothing to do with the way dates and times are
displayed (or anything else, for that matter).

>The reason for my question is an web application that I`m developing
>and that uses firebird / php. The Systems administrator had to do a
>new installation of the server and while doing that they decided to
>upgrade both php and firebird ( php 4.* -> 5.2 / firebird 1.5.2.* ->
>Firebird2 1.5.3.48*) Yeah... I know... recepie for desater! Any way...
>after that the web application just doesn`t display properly the TIME
>values (Problems with the php/firebird I already found out a php
>parameter that configures the TIME format display) But I also had
>problems using EMS. EMS is showing me data information in the AM/PM
>format instead of using a 24h format which is the way it was behaving
>before the new installation. So... I thought that maybe there is
>something that I don't know that some how told php and EMS to display
>data in the AM/PM format... Anyway... If that behavior has anything to
>do with firebird... I would like to know.... Thank you!!!! Thank you
>so much...

set up the LOCALE properly, both at operating system level and in the
web server configuration. If they have messed up dates and times,
it's likely they have messed up other things, like numbers and money.

You might benefit from a visit to the Firebird-PHP list as well, in
case there is something about the PHP 5.2 configuration that you need
to address specifically (apart from probably needing to update the
driver!) Don't forget to say which OS everything is running on, too.

./heLen