Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird on Windows - "default port"?
Author Daniel Albuschat
2007/8/3, Dmitry Yemanov <dimitr@...>:
> Daniel Albuschat wrote:
> >
> > But somehow this has changed the standard behaviour for applications!
>
> Of course, as fbclient also reads firebird.conf. If you don't want it
> to, you just need to drop the Firebird registry entry. This way,
> fbclient won't find the .conf file and will use the default values.

I wasn't aware of this behaviour. In fact, I didn't know that fbclient reads
firebird.conf at all!
I don't think it's desirable, either, because it's fbCLIENT, which
acts as a client
to ANY remote or local server, not just the 'most recently local installed' one.

Which registry entry is it exactly that you are referring to?

Thanks for your help

Daniel Albuschat