Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird == Standard SQL ???
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:44 AM 1/08/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
> From your reply and that of Adam and Sasha, I thin my question should have
>been worded differently.
>
>What Data Type subset does Firebird implement? and/or which Firebird
>document could give me this information? as I was not able to find the
>specific document that provided this information.

There isn't a "data type subset" that anyone could point you to and
say "Microsoft has this while Firebird has that". I thought you had
The Firebird Book, Daniel. If so, see Part Three, Firebird Data
Types and Domains. Study the specifications of each data type and
compare each with the types you want to convert from MSSQL
Server. (You'll find variations like different names for some
types; or different precision specifications for types sharing
names; not to mention alternative names available in each vendor version.)

If you don't have MSSQLServer documentation, search the Microsoft
website for the data types and specs. If you don't have "the Book"
for Fb, consult the IB 6 DataDef.pdf volume.

./heLen