Subject Res: [firebird-support] Detecting FBEMBED vs. FBCLIENT.DLL
Author Fabricio Araujo
Alan, actually he can use fbembed.dll for all his access and just change a setting
on app to access a remote database.

----- Mensagem original ----
De: Alan McDonald <alan@...>
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 20 de Julho de 2007 23:05:24
Assunto: RE: [firebird-support] Detecting FBEMBED vs. FBCLIENT.DLL

> I have an application that I'm working on that will run either Single User
> or Multi-User and its licensing is different in these modes. In
> multi-user
> we are using a semi-3 tier approach for the application, but in
> single user
> its just two tier (app + local FB database).

Then surely your users need to declare some difference in their setup to
achieve one of these 2 states... e.g. a servername:drive: \path\filename. ext
or servername:alias Vs drive:path\filenbam e.ext (i.e. missing servername)
connection string will determine which licensing state your app is running
in.
there doesn't seem to be any need for what you are thinking of below.

Alan

Alertas do Yahoo! Mail em seu celular. Saiba mais em http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/