Subject Re: unsupported on-disk structure for file
Author PRoyston
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <s3057043@...> wrote:

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "PRoyston" <pete@> wrote:
> >
> > Synopsis: FB 2.0 on VISTA machine, no other versions
> > of FB ever installed on the machine.
> > Did a GBAK of a fb 1.5 database onto this machine. Works fine
> > with Database Workbench. Using my (IBX 6.5) program I receive
> >
> > unsupported on-disk structure for file C:\WhenDB\Whendb.fdb;
> > found 32779.10, support 0.0
> >
> > The only GDS32.dll (in windows\system32) is dated 3/2/2007
2:05pm.

> For Vista, you will need to either use the TCP/IP loopback (put
> localhost: in front of the database path), or set the IPCName in
> Firebird.conf.
>
> Adam

I am using localhost: in front of the database path. I did not have
the IPCName set in firebird.conf. I tried setting that to IpcName =
Global\FIREBIRD which is says is for Win 2003 and XP. It did not
change anything. I still receive the same error.

I have tried running firebird as a service and FBSERVER.EXE -a but I
am getting the same results in all cases.