Subject RE: [firebird-support] Firebird is too fast ;-) - simulate slow network connection
Author Nigel Weeks
We use FreeBSD on our servers, and it's easy to use IPFW to do traffic
shaping.

Just put these in your /etc/firewall.conf with the rest of your firewalling
rules

ipfw add pipe 1 config bw 33kbits/s # for inbound traffic
ipfw add pipe 2 config bw 56kbits/s # for outbound traffic

# Provide a simulated slow connection for only one machine on our network
ipfw add 3000 allow pipe 1 tcp from 192.168.0.30 to me 3050
ipfw add 3010 allow pipe 2 tcp from me 3050 to 192.168.0.30

Makes testing for low-bandwidth systems absurdly easy...

Nige.

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support and Systems Developer
Rural Press Tasmania