Subject RE: [firebird-support] FB2: embedded server as network client not possible
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:46 PM 16/07/2007, Alan McDonald wrote:

>3rd para of the document above clearly states "no facility to accept any
>network connections"
>last sentence of Note section is quite incorrect.

Jarrod doesn't seem confused, but you do.

What the 3rd para says is "The <my_emph>embedded server </my_emph>
has no facility to accept any network connections." This was and
still is correct.

What Jarrod was drawing attention to was the final line that someone
has added to the note below it, "In Firebird 2.0, use of the
embedded server as a network client is no longer possible" is a
mistake in at least two ways. First, the embedded server never was
capable of being a network client. Secondly, if it's meant to be
saying that the embedded *client* in Fb 2.x cannot be a client to
another server, then that's not true.

./hb