Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to analyse a db using gstat?
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Hi Yusuf !

Yusuf Celik wrote:
> Hi,
> I run gstat on my db and get some results.
> Is there a documentation on what all mean?
>
> Such as
> LOGS_OK (142)
> Primary pointer page: 177, Index root page: 178
> Average record length: 267.69, total records: 2477
> Average version length: 0.00, total versions: 0, max versions: 0
> Data pages: 96, data page slots: 96, average fill: 90%
> Fill distribution:
> 0 - 19% = 0
> 20 - 39% = 0
> 40 - 59% = 1
> 60 - 79% = 0
> 80 - 99% = 95
>
> Index RDB$PRIMARY22 (0)
> Depth: 2, leaf buckets: 13, nodes: 2477
> Average data length: 36.89, total dup: 0, max dup: 0
> Fill distribution:
> 0 - 19% = 0
> 20 - 39% = 0
> 40 - 59% = 0
> 60 - 79% = 0
> 80 - 99% = 13
>
> The above result scares me what 80 -90% = 95 means?

This means that you have 95 pages filled with 80-99% of data, and 1 page
filled with 40-59% of data (perhaps the newest page where few records
were inserted)

> And also in primary22 80-99% = 13 ?

This means that you have 13 pages filled up from 80-99% of data (index
data in this case)

> what it means indexing has no effect or something else?

No ! Why do you think something like that ?

> Thanks in advance
> yc

This appears to be a very small table, what kind of performance problem
are you experiencing ?

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith