Subject Re: [firebird-support] External Table Size
Author Dmitry Yemanov
Hardy Sherwood wrote:

> As I understand, the limit on external table size is 2gb.

Correct.

> Is there any plan to increase the limit?

Yes. It just has quite low priority.

> If so, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know
> what's the time frame for doing so?

It hasn't been scheduled for any release yet. The v2.1 release has some
improvements in the external tables area, so perhaps it would be the
best version to make the external I/O 64-bit aware, but it's already in
the Beta stage, so I cannot give you any promises, sorry.

> PS: I thought that I should let you know that the alignment rules for fields
> in external tables have inconsistencies. For example, I observed a bigint
> field being aligned to a 4 byte boundary that was not on an 8 byte boundary.

What FB version and database ODS version do you work with? The BIGINT
alignment boundary is 4 bytes for ODS <= 10 and 8 bytes for ODS >= 11.

Dmitry