Subject Re: Blob Parsing Stored Procedure
Author Milan Babuskov
--- lucas_jessee wrote:
> Here are the requirements that I have:
> 1. I must write a multi-database (not just Firebird) interface
> in the language C++

What other databases?

There are various database access layers more efficient than ODBC.

Firebird itself has a 'chatty' network protocol, and ODBC is even more
'chattier'.

> In other databases you are able to do things such as
> INSERT INTO TABLE(ITEM_ONE, ITEM_TWO) VALUES(1, 2), (3, 4), (5, 6)
> I was looking to achieve such functionality in Firebird

You could come close with EXECUTE STATEMENT, but I'm not sure how much
is string parsing going to cost.

I suggest you invest two hours and write the equivallent C++
application using IBPP (which is really easy to use) and try inserting
with it. I'm sure it will go much faster than via ODBC.

--

Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net