Subject RE: [firebird-support] Failed restore
Author Brenden Walker

<snip>

> Over the last three nights, we have received an error message
> when the restore is nearly complete. The error message from
> this morning was:
>
> gbak: cannot commit index PK_REPORT_USER_PARAMS
> gbak: ERROR: I/O error for file
> "E:\IB\DELPERF\BACKUP\RESTORE_MON\FDS.GDB"
> gbak: ERROR: Error while trying to read from file
> gbak: ERROR: Reached the end of the file.
> gbak: ERROR: action cancelled by trigger (3) to preserve data
> integrity
> gbak: ERROR: Cannot deactivate primary index
> gbak: Exiting before completion due to errors

What size is the FDS.GDB at this point? What type of file system is on
this particular HD?

I've only seen this error when trying to restore to a filesystem (or
using a server version) that can't handle the database filesize (> 4gb
for example).

Least of all knowing at what filesize it fails may provide a clue.