Subject RE: [firebird-support] 2.01 no default SYSDBA
Author Kyle Green
Sean,

Thanks, I will look into a script tool.

But it may take me some time to convert all my scripts.

I'm not sure why The Windows 2003 OS will allow the FB 1.5 scripts to run,
but disallow the same scripts when run for FB 2.0.

If it is matter of the account that Firebird runs under (is that different
in the two versions?), would it be possible to grant enough permissions to
some account that the scripts would run until I get things converted to
use the script tool. (I have about 40 script projects). Some serious
deadlines are looming :)

Thanks again,

Kyle

----- Original Message -----
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] 2.01 no default SYSDBA
From: "Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...>
Date: Wed, May 23, 2007 14:21

Kyle,

> Any ideas why it would work from the command line, but not from script

> called by bat?

You need to combine your batch file with a Windows Script File or

Windows Host File script -- to allow you to define/associate a user

context to the execution of the batch file.

You can send your thanks to Microsoft, they have really clamped down of

the execution of 'unauthorized' functions.

I would recommend that you look into getting a distribution license for

a tool like IBEScript from IBExpert -- it does a great job for us in

running db scripts/trapping errors, etc...

A tool like it is a required item for any developer looking to deploy

FB/IB solutions.

Sean

P.S. Sorry Martijn, I wasn't sure if you had a similar tool... so I

didn't mention it.