Subject Re: Upgrade to FB2.01 and performance drops
Author trtoms
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@...>
wrote:

> > > BDE!!! over the Internet!!!
<snip> I'm surprised you are happy with performance using BDE over the
internet,
> your users must be a very patient lot :-)
> Alan

Thanks Alan - most useful! And yes, they were patient for about 1
day.... Then the pressure to revert to local separate databases kicked
in...

We've got about four months to resolve this before the next rollout
happens for the same client, and it may be that we use Terminal
Services (or equivalent) as a short/medium-term expedient solution.

Trevor