Subject Re: [firebird-support] Database file disk fragmentation
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
Hi Alex!

How did you reach the conclusion that fragmentation is the cause of your performance issues? Normally, performance issues are due to things like long running transactions (check the oldest transaction and next transaction) or queries using a non-optimal plan (these queries may or may not be possible to improve). I'm not saying that fragmentation cannot be the cause of your problems, I've just never heard of such a problem with Firebird before and wondered how you discovered what you describe.

Set