Subject Re: [firebird-support] can I copy database file from Windows 32bit to Linux 32bit as is? And from OSX for x86? And from OSX for PPC?
Author Valdir Marcos
Yes, firebird fdb files are completely plataform independant!
You just have to shutdown that file before making the copy.

Best,

Valdir

----- Original Message -----
From: David Wishnie
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:52 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] can I copy database file from Windows 32bit to Linux 32bit as is? And from OSX for x86? And from OSX for PPC?

Hello,

I would like to know whether .fdb files are CPU endianess independant.

I.e. can I safely copy .fdb file from 32Bit Windows to 32bit linux (both
running on x86)?

Can I copy from MacOSX (for x86) to 32bit linux?

Can I copy from MacOSX (for PPC) to 32bit linux (x86)?

All such copying can be done for mysql and sqlite databases (but not for
postgresql). What about Firebird?

Thanks for your answers!

-David

.