Subject Re: Performance
Author pokka_chi
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> 4. If you do an ordered query and the server needs to write an
> intermediate sort file to your temp disk space, it's likely that AVG
> will interfere with that, too. It won't be an issue with a query
> returning one record, however.

I've done some further tests. I've tried FB1.5.4. It doesn't have
this problem. In FB2.0.1, IBOConsole statistics shows that the query
execution time is 0.0074 seconds but it is in fact much longer than
that. To double check, I will do some test using the ODBC driver to
access FB.

Moreover, the query SELECT FIRST 10 * FROM MY_TABLE WHERE PRIMARY_KEY >
A_VALUE takes a long time to execute. I suppose it should be able to
use the primary key.

PK