Subject Re: SQL Question
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Dennis"
<petethegaijin@...> wrote:

> Hi Helen,
>
> Thanks for both answers. I did the dialect command and got the
following:
> Client SQL dialect is set to: 1 and database SQL dialect is: 1
>
> Nice to know now what I can and can't do with this particular
dialect. Is
> it difficult changing the dialect that the database understands? Or
could
> this mean a possible restructuring of the database?

The only gotcha I can think of is that in dialect 1, the date datatype
stores a date and time value. In dialect 3, the date datatype can only
hold a date, the more appropriately named timestamp stores the date
and time combination.

But dialect 1 is long deprecated. It is worth the effort to convert to
dialect 3.

Adam